Not for nothing were they the favorite poof of the strong Popeye. Today we come to talk about spinach and how this green leafy vegetable is a wonderful source of nutrients for the health of your mind and body.
Spinach is one of the green leafy vegetables with the highest nutritional content and greatest benefits for your health. In addition to being delicious, durable and inexpensive, these vegetables, considered a valuable superfood, stand out for the presence of minerals, vitamins, pigments and phytonutrients, including potassium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium.
You can include spinach without any problem in your usual diet, since they are characterized by their versatility, introducing themselves with their flavor and texture in salads, soups, stir-fries, scrambled eggs, soups, stews and casseroles. If you want to know the advantages that this vegetable offers to your organism, strengthening your brain, avoiding diseases or protecting your eyes, your heart or your skin, do not stop reading.
9 advantages of eating spinach frequently
1) Protect your stomach: Spinach prevents the appearance of gastric ulcers and protects the mucous membrane of the stomach. Furthermore, the presence of glycocyclerolipids improves the resistance of the lining of the digestive tract.
2) Slows down cognitive decline: The presence of elements such as potassium, folate and various antioxidants prevents against the appearance of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, as detailed by Neurology, and also improves blood flow to the brain, increased cognition, concentration and neuronal activity.
3) Improve the health of your eyes: Its richness in nutrients such as beta-carotene, lutein or xanthene take care of your sight and also prevent against macular degeneration and the appearance of problems. If you are deficient in vitamin A, itchy eyes, ulcers or dryness, add spinach and see how the swelling or irritation disappears.
4) Regulates blood pressure: This vegetable is recommended for hypertensive people due to its high potassium content and its low sodium content, in addition to the presence of folic acid, which improves your blood flow and relaxes blood pressure, improving the oxygenation of the organs. Furthermore, according to the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, C0-Q10 present in spinach can be used to prevent and treat many cardiovascular diseases such as hyperlipidemia, heart failure, hypertension, and coronary heart disease.
5) Cancer prevention: Spinach prevents various types of cancer such as bladder, prostate, liver and lung cancers thanks to nutrients such as folate, tocopherol, and chlorophyllin.
6) It has anti-inflammatory properties: With more than a dozen anti-inflammatory nutrients, spinach protects your entire body from inflammations, as well as reduces pain associated with conditions such as arthritis and gout, very common in society. Being vitamin K it helps blood clotting by producing prothrombin and therefore treats hemophilia, excessive bleeding and liver function.
7) Strengthens bones and muscles: Spinach is a powerful source of vitamin K, key to calcium retention in the bone matrix, leading to bone mineralization. The presence of other minerals such as manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorous also help to build strong bones, preventing the development of diseases such as osteoporosis. These minerals are also essential to keep your teeth and nails healthy.
8) It prevents atherosclerosis and strokes: Atherosclerosis has its origin in the hardening of the arteries. However, thanks to the lutein present in spinach, it is possible to reduce the appearance of this disease, in addition to heart attacks and strokes, also because spinach reduces cholesterol and other fat deposits in your blood vessels.
9) Take care of your skin: The various phytonutrients and pigments in spinach protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun, including the harmful UV rays.
You may also like http://cherryblossomlife.com/