We are going to see several home remedies to sleep well since sleep is something fundamental and sleeping properly is something that is really important during the day to perform well or simply be in good physical and mental condition. In this article, we will discuss how to sleep easily and better with 8 magic home treatments.
Experts say that it is best to sleep at least 8 hours a day and that the quality of sleep is vital so that we can be healthy but for some people insomnia is a serious problem but we are going to see some home remedies to sleep easily and better that are going to help a lot to be able to sleep.
Lack of sleep is a problem that can be fixed without taking synthetic sleeping pills and using some very effective natural remedies against insomnia. Let’s see what these remedies are.
Home treatments to sleep easily and better
- Rosemary and lemon balm
- Essence of lavender on the pillow
- Glass of milk
- Infusions to sleep well
- Lettuce relaxing
- Lavender tea
One of the most effective home remedies to sleep is to take a warm bath before going to bed because it relaxes body and mind and predisposes us to fall asleep more easily.
Reading before going to bed is another way to relax, although here it is best to read stories or small documents that do not leave us anxious to continue reading.
1. Rosemary and lemon balm to sleep easily and better
If we boil a bunch of lemon balm and rosemary in a liter of water for ten minutes we can add this preparation in the bath water to make this moment more relaxing. It is best to hold the bath for at least 15 minutes but the water must be very hot.
2. Essence of lavender on the pillow to sleep easily and better
Pouring some essence of lavender into the pillow is another natural and home remedy that helps us sleep because lavender has relaxing properties.
3. Glass of milk to sleep easily and better
The classic home remedy to sleep of the grandmother is to drink the glass of warm milk just before going to bed and after many years it seems that it continues to work but for many, it is not enough so we will continue to seek remedies.
4. Infusions to sleep easily and better
The natural infusions are so relaxing that if we take them for a while before going to sleep, they will help us to sleep.
Infusions of valerian, lime, chamomile, mint, lettuce or lemon help to reconcile sleep better. The infusions we must let them rest and drink them slowly so that the heat is penetrating little by little in our body.
The best thing with the infusions is to take them about an hour before going to bed.
The infusion of valerian, for example, is done by adding two tablespoons of valerian root to the water in a glass of water and boiling for 5 minutes. It is taken just before going to bed.
It is also known to help to sleep well infusion with leaves or flowers of the orange tree by placing two grams of leaves or flowers and boiling them in water.
5. Lettuce relaxing to sleep easily and better
Lettuce is part of the list of well-used home sleep remedies. It is about making an infusion with about 50 grams of lettuce leaves, throwing the whole leaf and without removing the white area. It is boiled for 15 minutes and its water is drunk when it is lukewarm.
Another homemade trick to sleeping well is to wash and cut into two pieces 3 cloves of garlic and toss in a cup of milk that is boiling, leave it to be warm and drink it before going to bed.
6. Fruits to sleep easily and better
Eating fruits at dinners like apple or banana is another of the home remedies to sleep well that we can apply since these two fruits contain tryptophan which is an amino acid that promotes sleep. A good combination of the dinner to sleep well is to heat a little oatmeal and add these two fruits to be able to fall asleep without problems.
7. Meditate to sleep easily and better
Practicing meditation a few hours before going to bed also helps you sleep and fall asleep but we must make sure that we do not practice it close to bedtime. If for example we usually go to bed at eleven or twelve o’clock in the evening, the ideal would be to meditate around six or seven in the afternoon.
Another of the grandmother’s classic home remedies for sleep is to warm your feet just before going to bed with a wet towel with hot water, an electric blanket that we now have or a hot foot bath. You can also make use of almond oil and massage your feet as it helps to relax and predispose us to better sleep.
8. Lavender tea to sleep easily and better
Lavender tea is relaxing and helps us to sleep easily and better even many people serve as a home remedy to sleep on the pull. It is a matter of trying different infusions until you find the one that works best for each person.
If we want to sleep well, exercising during the day helps us a lot. Anxiety and stress are greatly reduced when exercising and if we practice at least half an hour a day of physical exercise we will be able to sleep more easily.
Things we should not do to sleep well
- If you are a person who has trouble sleeping and you want to solve this problem, it is best to stop napping to start. This coupled with starting to exercise daily will help you to sleep well.
- We should not dine at bedtime and should have dinner at least an hour and a half before going to bed is essential to combat insomnia and it is not good to lie down after having just had dinner.
- At dinner, you should avoid alcohol and any stimulating substance such as caffeine. The best thing is to make soft dinners so as not to overload the organism.
- Avoid situations of stress, reduce anxiety in general and take natural relaxing foods such as infusions and avoid others such as those that contain stimulating substances are the best actions we can take to combat insomnia, sleep well and have a restful sleep.