Stress is the natural reaction of the body on a physical, mental and emotional level to any change that requires adaptation or a fight or flight response. In particular, stress can be positive, motivating us and making us more careful to avoid or face dangers, or negative, making us lose the attitude to relax or find relief after facing one challenge after another.
Regarding this, you must know that sustaining prolonged periods of negative stress can chronically activate the fight or flight response even if you are not experiencing any real emergency situation, thus causing the body to wear out physically, mentally and emotionally.
In addition, prolonged negative stress can lead to an anguish reaction, which, in turn, can cause psychosomatic symptoms, physical problems and pain, dizziness, high blood pressure, tachycardia, indigestion, bruxism, depression, anxiety, panic and even insomnia. These are problems that do nothing but increase stress levels and all the problems that derive from them.
The benefits of sleeping well to fight stress
Stress and sleep have a two-way relationship, that is, one affects the other and vice versa. In particular, you can begin to reduce stress by trying to rest better since a good restful sleep brings many benefits for your psychophysical well-being. In this regard, here are some benefits of sleeping well:
- Stress reduction;
- Optimization of brain performance, memory, hormonal release, rest and recovery of the locomotor system, organism regeneration and psycho-physical balance;
- Increase in productivity;
- Faster weight loss;
- Decreased risk of developing heart disease, etc.
The anti-stress mattress
It is well known how the mattress, pillows and bed slats, together with other key factors such as stress, nutrition, the room where you sleep, the consumption of coffee and alcohol, the use of electronic devices and the style of life, may affect the quality and duration of sleep. Regarding this, it is necessary to highlight the importance of a well-made mattress to sleep better so that sleep can be truly refreshing.
In this regard, the Hypnia company has spent years testing its products to develop high quality and density memory foam mattresses able to meet the specific needs of different customers, guaranteeing the advantage of being able to sleep well so as to wake up rested and full of energy.
To end this informative text related to fighting stress by sleeping well, you must remember that stress and sleep influence each other, therefore it is advisable to face them by integrating multiple solutions, for example …
- Relaxation techniques and alternative medicines to reduce stress, such as meditation, Yoga, controlled breathing, aromatherapy, herbal medicine, etc.
- The consumption of herbal teas and relaxing supplements, for example based on lavender, lemon balm, valerian, passionflower, chamomile, hawthorn and melatonin;
- The care of the bedroom with regard to temperature, humidity, noise, odors, dust, mites and disturbing equipment;
- Daytime exposure and avoidance of blue light;
- The consumption of foods rich in magnesium and tryptophan;
- Slimming and allergy treatment to breathe better;
- Go to bed and always wake up at the same time
And good sleep to all!
You may also like https://pricklypost.co.uk/