Hypertension is considered by doctors as a “silent killer” because it brings many negative consequences to the body. High blood pressure is caused by the pace of life we are currently experiencing, lack of exercise and nutrition. If you are suffering from this problem, you can take advantage of natural remedies for high blood pressure and reduce those levels. In this post, we will show you how to reduce blood pressure with some natural remedies.
Causes and symptoms of hypertension
As stated above, high blood pressure is due to different causes. The sedentary life, too much salt, pre-cooked meal, lack of exercise, etc. But also hormonal abnormalities, kidney or cardiovascular diseases, use of certain medications as contraceptives or alcohol intake can also worsen the picture.
As for the most common symptoms of high blood pressure are: headache, shortened breathing, facial flushing, excessive sweating, rapid pulse, visual disturbances, dizziness, ringing in the ears, nosebleed, nervousness, lack of sleep, weakness, tiredness, palpitations and spots in the eyes (dark objects that fly).
Take a test of
Hypertension is dangerous because it can cause a cerebral thrombosis, a heart attack, and a kidney disorder. It is then necessary to have control over the pressure and take it once a week. Remember that there is no age to suffer high blood pressure but it usually appears after the age of thirty. The pressure is measured to analyze how the heart beats when pumping blood (systolic) and when it rests between beats (diastolic).
Natural remedies for hypertension
- Place a lemon sliced in a blender (with peel and seeds) and adds a handful of parsley. Mix well and drink a small glass in the morning, always fasting. Both ingredients are authentic homemade diuretics and will help you to eliminate retained liquids (they can cause hypertension). You can also drink the juice of a lemon dissolved in a cup of cold water every day before breakfast.
- Eat a bowl of oatmeal daily, it can be with orange juice, milk, yogurt or just water. This habit will regulate blood pressure but also cholesterol. Also, it has a lot of fibers and will help you to avoid constipation.
- Celery is an excellent ally in your battle against hypertension. Include it in your diet, either in salads or in soups. It is a good natural diuretic and will help you not to suffer from pressure.
- The dark chocolate (better the bitter) will also be of great benefit because its components reduce the pressure.
- Drink green, white or rooibos tea every day, no more than three cups. These three infusions control blood pressure.
- Garlic is an element that can never be lacking in your diet as it cures many diseases. In this case, it will help to dilate the arteries and prevent the formation of thrombi. One clove of garlic a day will be enough to take advantage of its advantages. Another alternative is to make a tea with a cup of boiling water and a clove of crushed garlic. Add a little lemon juice and if desired, sweeten with honey.
- Hawthorn is a very popular plant for hypertension and the most effective that exist. It is used to treat various heart diseases, such as coronary heart disease, heart failure, angina pectoris and high blood pressure. It is a great protector of the structures of the heart, helps to improve the quality of the blood that is pumped by this organ, widens the size of the blood vessels and increases the transmission of nerve signals. In turn, it relaxes the vessels farthest from the heart. Drink one cup per day of this infusion.
- Make a cucumber shake with water and drink daily.
- Place ten drops of lavender essential oil on a cloth and inhale through the nose. This home remedy for hypertension is very good in case the pressure goes up unexpectedly.
- Place a handful of olive leaves in a liter of water and heat until it boils. Strain and store in a glass jar. Drink up to two glasses per day.
- Boil two leaves of guanabana and two of orange in half a liter of water, for ten minutes. Then remove from heat and let cool. Drink this tea after brewing, up to two cups a day.
- In a bowl place a small onion, chopped, seven cloves of garlic and the juice of a lemon. Add water until all the ingredients are covered and let stand overnight. In the morning, sneak and drink on an empty stomach for nine days in a row.
- Massage slowly on the chest (with circular movements) with a mixture of 5 drops of lavender oil, 5 of marjoram and 20 ml of jojoba oil.
- Mix one tablespoon of lime, one of horsetail, one of birch and another of fennel in a cup of water and boil for three minutes, then let stand and strain the preparation, which you must drink two cups maximum per day.
- Extract the juice of fifteen grapes without husk or seeds. Mix with half a glass of water and drink before breakfast, for ten days in a row.
- Place an eggplant cut into slices unpeeled in the blender. Add a glass of water and mix well. Stretch and drink on an empty stomach for ten days.
- Make a smoothie with 50 grams of spinach, a spoonful of honey, the juice of a lemon and a glass of water. Drink a glass every three days.