This feeling of tightness, heaviness or pressure in the chest region is commonly considered as chest congestion, which occurs when mucus or fluids build up in and around the lungs, causing it to feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. The condition is caused by common cold or heart diseases that affect the respiratory system. Health articles will give you 11 natural properties to get rid of chest congestion.
Because of chest congestion, breathing becomes difficult because when the air begins to flow through the airways and congestion obstructs the flow of oxygen into the lungs, leading to a life-threatening condition. If not treated properly, it can lead to dangerous health problems such as bronchitis or pneumonia. In severe cases, the mucus connects the air passage, making it difficult for fresh air to enter the nasal.
A common cold, pneumonia, flu, bronchitis, asthma, gastroesophageal reflux, pulmonary edema, cystic fibrosis, airborne allergies, heart problems, lung cancer, etc., are some of the common causes for this chest congestion. A cough, chest pain, shortness of breath, wheezing, runny nose, dizziness, blood in the phlegm, discomfort in the chest, crackling noise when breathing, fever, body aches, etc., are some of the symptoms that appear in the time of chest congestion.
According to health articles, here are some effective natural remedies that can treat chest congestion, and make you feel comfortable.
Natural properties for chest congestion according to health articles
- Garlic and lime soup
- Milk with saffron
- Mustard Plaster
- Chicken soup
Onions contain sulfur and quercetin that help break down mucus in the chest and relieve congestion in the chest.
Take 5-6, small raw onions or shallots.
Chew and swallow the shallots before going to bed. If you do not like the taste, add a little sugar.
You can also use large sauteed or curried onions to treat this problem.
This method is one of the effective DIY home remedies for chest congestion.
Take an onion, and grind it to make a fine paste.
Extract the onion juice by pressing the pasta.
Add 2 tablespoons of water, 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey with the onion juice.
Stir the pasta well and then heat for a few minutes until it is warm.
Eat the pasta three times a day to get complete and quick relief from chest congestion.
2. Garlic and lime soup
Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties that help clear chest congestion. Lime is a citrus fruit that also helps you get rid of chest congestion.
Take 3 fresh lemons and squeeze in a cup of hot water.
Stir well and add the crushed garlic cloves (1-2) to the mixture.
Add a teaspoon of chopped black pepper and a little salt to the mixture.
Stir the mixture well and drink it.
Radish contains some compounds that help clear chest congestion induced by bronchitis, allergies, colds or flu.
Take a fresh radish, wash it and cut it finely.
Use a juice extractor to extract the radish juice.
Drink fresh radish juice regularly to get relief from chest congestion.
You can also add a little lemon juice to the radish juice, and consume each morning until you get complete relief from chest congestion.
Another method is to apply the horseradish oil on the chest and throat to clean the mucus because the radish oil is also a great expectorant.
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties that help you get rid of a series of health problems, especially diseases of the respiratory system.
Method-1: (turmeric with honey, milk and black pepper)
Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add this to a cup of hot milk.
Add 2 tablespoons of honey and a pinch of black pepper to the mixture.
Stir the mixture well and drink it hot.
Method-2: (turmeric in apple cider vinegar)
Take 2 tablespoons each of turmeric powder and apple cider vinegar.
Mix both ingredients well and drink the mixture to get rid of chest congestion.
Gargle breaks the mucus in the airways, which helps clear the chest congestion.
Take half a cup of warm water and add one or two teaspoons of salt and a pinch of turmeric to it.
The mixture is stirred so that the salt has completely dissolved.
Use the mixture to gargle thoroughly for 2 – 3 minutes.
Repeat this procedure at least 3 – 4 times a day.
Steam delivers heat and moisture that helps break down and dissolve deep mucus in the lungs and throat by liquefying them.
Take a large bowl, fill it with hot water, and add a few drops of tea tree oil to it.
Add a little mint, rosemary, eucalyptus or any other essential oil or vinegar so that the strong liquid.
Place your face over the container and place a towel over your head to catch the steam.
Keep your face there as long as possible and breathe deeply to get relief from mucus and chest congestion.
You can also get hot water shower regularly to get relief from chest congestion.
Another way is to use warm compresses on the throat and chest, which will help relieve congestion.
Another simple trick is to drink warm water regularly, which helps loosen phlegm and mucus in your chest and make you feel comfortable.
Method-2: (steam with essential oils)
Take a large ceramic bowl of boiling water and add 5 drops of eucalyptus oil, 3 drops of peppermint oil and 2 drops of rosemary essential oil to it.
Gently shake the bowl to mix the oils.
Take a towel and fall on your head.
Lean over the cup and breathe deeply.
Keep your head above the steam, whenever possible and repeat the process, taking small intervals.
Performing this procedure regularly will help clear the mucus from your chest, so you can get rid of chest congestion.
7. Milk with saffron
Both milk and saffron contain properties of introducing heat into the chest, which can then help you get rid of chest congestion.
Take a small amount of saffron and add it to a cup of milk.
Mix well and heat up.
Then add a teaspoon of a few drops of lemon juice and honey mixture.
Stir well and drink when hot, stirring every few minutes.
8. Mustard Plaster
Mustard plaster helps to cure chest congestion and other respiratory infections such as bronchitis, sinusitis, etc. Try this recipe regularly to remove mucus from the lungs.
Take a tablespoon of mustard powder and add it to 4 tablespoons of flour.
Add a little water to the ingredients to make a runny paste.
Apply olive oil to the chest.
Spread the flour mustard paste over a clean muslin cloth and place it on the chest.
Leave it until it cools completely, but be sure to remove it if it causes a burning sensation.
Fennel not only helps treat stomach problems and cancer, but also helps to treat chest congestion very efficiently, and without side effects.
Eat some fennel or sauteed fennel seeds to get relief from chest congestion.
Another method is to add the curry powder to fennel and eat it to clear the mucus from the lungs.
10. Chicken soup
Hot chicken soup helps treat inflammation of the lungs. On the other hand, the black pepper that is used in the soup helps to reduce the production of mucus and relieves a cough. So, when you take the chicken soup regularly, it can help speed up the movement of mucus and eliminate them quickly.
Parsley is a natural herb that helps break up mucus associated with cold and chest congestion. The herb also releases histamines, which can help in the healing process. You can add this herb to any dish you eat.
Tips to reduce congestion in the chest according to health articles
According to health articles, here are some tips that can help reduce chest congestion. These tips can help clear the mucus from the lungs and prevent congestion in the chest completely.
- Avoid taking foods such as dairy products, salt, sugar, oils, garbage and fried foods, as they help increase mucus production. There is a correlation between mucus and phlegm, so avoid these foods in your diet at least until your chest congestion has cleared.
- Eat foods that help clean mucus in the chest. Spicy foods, citrus fruits, garlic, pepper, and ginger acts as decongestants that will result in easy relief of congestion in the chest. Also, eat asparagus and pineapples because they come with mine chest properties.
- Drink water and liquids such as soups, juices, and tea, as they can stay well hydrated. The liquids also help to clear the congestion in the chest. Not drinking enough fluids will cause the mucus on the chest and throat to coagulate and thicken, making it more sticky and harder to get relief so much, drink water, especially lukewarm water, throughout the day to get rid of mucus.
- Having hot liquids such as tea can help dissolve mucus and relieve chest pain and congestion. So it is important to drink a cup of mint, ginger, chamomile, rosemary or ginseng tea several times a day. To make sweet tea, you can add a little honey.
- Lifting the head during sleep helps promote mucus drainage instead of overnight accumulation. Always use a pillow to raise your head.
- Participate in yoga exercises and help open the airways and drain mucus. Try a reclining limit angle pose for 10 – 15 minutes to get rid of chest congestion.
- Smoking can aggravate respiratory problems, infections and lung problems and can also irritate mucous membranes, causing excessive production of mucus in the chest. You should stop smoking as soon as possible.
- It is important to treat sinus infections and to prevent chest infections and phlegm in the chest.
- Regularly practice pranayama in yoga, which helps improve breathing and increases the oxygen consumption capacity of the lungs.
- Use a humidifier, especially at night, to add moisture to the air which in turn can help you breathe comfortably. It also helps to loosen mucus and make it easy to remove.
- Try some back stroking techniques. Ask someone to help you with the procedure that can loosen the mucus and reduce chest congestion.
- Try some techniques like taking a deep breath before each a cough to make a cough blunter. Another technique is lying on the bed with the upper body hanging over the edge, keeping your head close to the floor and after coughing. This process helps drain the severity of the lung bases.
Preventive tips according to health articles
According to health articles, these are some of the preventive measures you should take to keep away from chest congestion.
- According to health articles, always rinse your nose to clear the mucus through neti pot, saline sprays, gargles, etc.
- According to health articles, avoid dairy products that create mucus inside the body.
- According to health articles, avoid alcohol consumption and stop smoking and also stay away from the smoke.
- According to health articles, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- According to health articles, take a steam bath to clean mucus from time to time.
- According to health articles, always stay away from respiratory irritants that cause mucus and other respiratory problems.
- According to health articles, clear your room and environment from the dust and bacteria that cause mucus.
- According to health articles, have enough sleep and follow a balanced diet to strengthen your immune system.
These home remedies and tips can help reduce the pain and discomfort caused by chest congestion. But you should know exactly what home remedy is right for you.
We hope you will like these 11 natural properties to get relief from chest congestion according to health articles. Share your comments, and suggestions to improve our ideas. Have a great day!