The most common causes of a headache (a headache) are hormonal changes, tiredness or fatigue, and muscle tension. A headache usually affects the area of the temples, the back (nape), the upper (crown) and the area of the eyes and forehead. If a headache is caused by muscle tension it can even affect the jaw and the scalp. In this article, we will discuss how to eliminate a headache and migraine problem with natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Headache
- Lemon grass tea: Lemon grass tea has several medicinal uses and one of them is that it helps us to relieve a headache. Simply prepare an infusion with a teaspoon of this tea per cup.
- Ice: This home remedy is very useful to remove a headache naturally. Simply pour 5 or 6 ice cubes into a fully resealable bag (so that water does not escape when the ice melts) and cover it with a cloth. Apply it over the area that hurts. It is best if you lie down in bed or are lying down and relaxed. At 20 minutes remove the ice and repeat again if necessary in another 20 minutes.
- Manzanilla infusion: We already know that Manzanilla is one of the medicinal plants most used for its many properties. One of its therapeutic applications is to eliminate a headache, for that we will make an infusion with 3 tablespoons of dry chamomile per 500 ml of water. Leave to stand 15 minutes, strain to add a teaspoon of lemon juice and drink during the day.
- Artichoke or artichokes: If your headaches are common in your case, it is very important that you include as much as possible artichokes or artichokes in your diet. Artichokes are very beneficial to eliminate a headache because occasionally this one has its origin in the liver.
- Massage the area: Another home remedy to remove a headache is to massage the area of the temples, over the eyes (eyebrows) and at the base of the nose. Do circular massage on this area regulating the pressure as you need more or less.
- Iced chamomile tea: Another way to use chamomile to remove a headache is to follow the steps of point 3 and allow it to cool completely, add 3 ice cubes, soak a cloth and apply on the eyelids for 20 minutes. Rest another 20 minutes and reapply 20 minutes by wetting it back into the tea and draining the excess.
- Lavender essential oil: Essential oils have many benefits that we can take to recover and maintain health. In this case, we can use lavender oil to remove a headache. Simply add 4 drops to a tablespoon of olive oil, almond oil, and argan oil and massage the base of the skull, behind the ears and the area of the temples. Also, you can put some drops on the pillow or even the clothes.
- Apply local heat: Whether with an electric blanket, a hot water bottle or a hot water bath, the heat applied externally on shoulders and neck is very relaxing and improves headaches.
- Alternate hot and cold water: Another natural remedy to combat a headache is to put your feet in a container or container in which we will have added 1 tablespoon of mustard and 4 of sea salt (dissolve it first in a glass of hot water). Pour half in one bowl with hot water and the other half in another bowl with cold water. Keep your feet in each basin for 5 minutes and change to the other. Do it until the hot water has cooled, always remember to end up with your feet in the cold water basin.
- Peppermint tea: Put a wet bag (in slightly warm water) of mint tea on each eyelid and remove it after 10 minutes.
- Coffee: Coffee has the property of reducing inflammation, in this case, the blood vessels in the brain, and this would help relieve a headache. Although if you normally consume coffee it may not have that much effect.
- Olive oil: Not in vain is called liquid gold, and is that olive oil contains an antioxidant that can combat headaches. Just taking two teaspoons of olive oil might be enough to eliminate a headache.
Home remedies for a migraine
Before a migraine begins, you may see light spots or have other vision disturbances. During a migraine, you can also experience nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light and sometimes you feel a throbbing pain on one side of the head.
Migraines, which can be hereditary, are more common in women than men, and some of their causes may include hormonal changes, poor diet, stress, some oral contraceptives, pregnancy, alcohol consumption, anxiety, loud noises, lights intense and blinking, sleep disturbances, smoking, etc.
- Ginger: Ginger is a great help to fight migraines in a natural way. Having great anti-inflammatory and analgesic power is effective to eliminate a migraine. Simply grate a piece of ginger so big with half of your thumb and add it to a glass of boiling water. Remember that it is very easy to grow ginger at home.
- Ice and water: In a bag throw ice and water and put it between your feet, lying on the bed, and make sure you are sufficiently wrapped. Leave it for about 40 or 50 minutes.
- Remove a headache with apple cider vinegar: If you simply pour 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water, mix well and drink to remove a migraine. You can even make homemade apple cider vinegar
- Watermelon peel to remove a migraine: Place a piece of watermelon peel on the temples and hold them (you can use a ribbon) for 30 or 40 minutes.
- Aromatherapy, essential oils for a migraine: Some oils such as lavender, mint, chamomile, basil, rosemary. You can use it in several ways, one is pouring about 6 drops in a glass of water and apply with a damp cloth over the head and neck (combining a maximum of 3 of these oils, or if you prefer only one). You can also boil water and pour the chosen oil and breathe the fumes.