The headaches can cause nausea, vomiting and general malaise. In this article, we will give you 7 home remedies to eliminate tension and headache.
Home Remedies to Remove Headache Fast
1. Water: One of the most common causes of headaches is dehydration. When you begin to notice the first discomfort, be sure to drink a couple of glasses of water and in the later hours continue moisturizing (remember that through fresh fruits and vegetables you can include good amounts of water in your body). Water with lemon is another healthy option. Avoid “junk” or “junk” drinks.
2. Massage: The scalp, neck, temples, nose fins and earlobes: massaging these areas improves blood circulation and lowers stress. Simply make light pressure with your fingertips and drawing circles. Another option is to use two tennis balls in a sock or something similar, lie on your back and place the two balls just below the base of the skull (occipital bone) and relax. Sometimes at first, it may not be very comfortable and as time goes by it shows a lot of improvement. This home remedy is especially effective for a headache caused by sinusitis.
3. Ice: Apply ice on the forehead in a well-sealed bag and put in some cloth for 20 minutes. This is a quick remedy for a headache that in addition to decreasing or eliminating pain improves circulation.
4. Relaxation and rest: A very common cause is stress, worries and lack of sleep. Your body is telling you that it is time to relax, to think of yourself. Lie down comfortably, relax or even get some sleep if you need to, as some causes of a headache are lack of rest and hours of sleep.
5. Hot water: Putting a hot water bottle or electric blanket on the neck and neck is another effective and quick remedy. Even if you fancy you can take a relaxing bath of hot water with lavender bath salts.
6. Matricaria infusion: This large medicinal plant is very effective and beneficial for use in many natural remedies, and one of them is a headache. When you notice the first signs take an infusion made with one teaspoon per cup of water, let stand 5 minutes, strain and drink. You can take 3 or 4 a day.
7. Aromatherapy for a headache: We can find essential oils that are highly effective to combat a headache. The most used are Lavender, Marjoram, Eucalyptus or Chamomile. There is a massage mixture that is useful: 5 drops of rosemary, 5 drops of nutmeg, and 5 drops of lavender and base oil. The essential oils can be used in burners, diluted with a base oil (sweet almond, olive, etc.) for massage, in a bath or to inhale.