In any place, the pineapple is recognized by its oval shape, the crown and a rough green skin, which turns yellow and brown as it matures. It is a delicious tropical fruit, even the second most popular, after the banana that also contains a lot of benefits for our health and body. Here we will take care of making you see all the properties and benefits of the pineapple so you do not have doubts that you should incorporate it into your diet. Now, we give you 10 Excellent benefits of pineapple for our health.
The pineapple is a very nutritious fruit, a source of vitamins and minerals, which make it an ally of our body, to avoid different disorders or diseases. In addition, it has low-calorie content and almost no fat, making it popular in diets.
Benefits of pineapple
- To lose weight
- Reduces the risk of hypertension
- Strengthens the immune system
- Cure constipation
- Protects the thyroid
- Combats atherosclerosis and diabetes
- Prevents bacterial plaque
- Keeps the skin beautiful
- To lose weight: We could not start talking about the benefits of pineapple without naming its ability to help us lose weight. Because of a large amount of water that it has, it satisfies you and keeps you hydrated, something important in diets. Equally that satisfying quality allows us to eliminate liquids and purify contributing few calories. In addition, with the sweet taste of pineapple, we can reduce the need to consume cravings in the day, by changing it for this fruit that has much fewer calories. A point to note is that we cannot believe that the pineapple is a miracle food to lose weight, as some indicate, because among its properties does not stand out as a great fat burning, but for its satiating capacity, that can help us reduce some sizes, but not leaving all the work to the pineapple.
- Reduces the risk of hypertension: Potassium and sodium allow us to reduce blood pressure. Both are in the pineapple, so it ends up being a perfect ally to reduce the risk of hypertension because a cup of this fruit contains 1 mg of sodium and 195 mg of potassium.
- Diuretic: Pineapple has diuretic properties, thanks to potassium, which stimulates the elimination of liquids. With this, we detoxify our organism, which is why it is one of the most positive aspects of this fruit.
- Anti-inflammatory: Among the properties of pineapple is its anti-inflammatory power. The enzyme called bromelain or bromelain, according to several studies, blocks the production of kinins, which are formed when there is inflammation, so it helps reduce pain caused by a sore throat, acute sinusitis, gout or arthritis.
- Strengthens the immune system: Another of the best-known pineapple benefits is to strengthen the immune system. Bromelain is a natural anticoagulant, so it helps us dissolve the blood clots that we could form. It can also generate beneficial changes in white blood cells, something that improves immune function.
- Cure constipation: The presence of fiber in the pineapple helps us to purify the body, so we go regularly to the bathroom and we can prevent constipation. It also removes parasites from the intestines, something that helps relieve intestinal disorders and decrease bile.
- Protects the thyroid: With all its source of vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus or magnesium, it is useful for the thyroid and nerve cells.
- Combats atherosclerosis and diabetes: Vitamin C also offers protection against free radicals, which are substances that attack healthy cells. The accumulation of radicals can cause atherosclerosis, heart disease or diabetes.
- Prevents bacterial plaque: Among the benefits of pineapple, we have to prevent the formation of bacterial plaque because of the high amount of vitamin C that it possesses, something that helps us to avoid diseases of the gums.
- Keeps the skin beautiful: The pineapple has enzymes that make the skin more elastic and at the same time improves hydration, which eliminates damaged or dead cells, achieving a bright complexion.
In addition, it allows us to diminish the spots on the skin and fine lines. These are some of the benefits of pineapple because there are much more. They emphasize the micronutrients of the pineapple that protect against cancer, as well as the help that allows us to accelerate the healing of wounds, by different injuries.
In addition, if you have anemia or want to avoid it, this fruit promotes the absorption of iron, so it is very important to add the diet. Finally, we can emphasize that the pineapple is highly valued, because it helps to fight colds, rheumatism, protects against age-related eye problems, is a source of manganese, and eliminates gas or swollen abdomen.
Disadvantages of the Pineapple
Despite all the benefits of pineapple, we must be clear that it generates some side effects, so we cannot neglect it. This fruit stimulates the realization of the digestive processes, before this, it should not be consumed by people who are with diarrhea.
Children should not eat pineapple in large quantities either because they could suffer mild cases of diarrhea.
Being a food that stimulates the elimination of liquids in our body, its use is not recommended for people who have medical treatments based on diuretic remedies, because they would be increasing the effect of the medicine.
Another of its disadvantages is that it could irritate the mucous membranes found inside the mouth, whiles the high acidity together with bromelain, and could generate small ulcers on the tongue or surrounding areas. If this happens, it’s because your mouth is very sensitive to pineapple, so you could mix this fruit with yogurt. Likewise, it is always important to talk with a specialist.
How to enjoy the benefits of pineapple
There are several ways to consume this delicious fruit, as in the natural form, in juices, liquefied, or as an infusion, something that will allow us to obtain different properties. It is also important to note that pineapple is an excellent base for desserts, improves the flavor of the main meals and is even a tasty snack.
Among the low-calorie recipes, we have chicken salad with pineapple, a pineapple pie suitable for diabetics, filled pineapple or juice to lose weight. Those are not all because there are much more that could surprise you with their flavors, such as spinach and pineapple lasagna, ossobuco with pineapple and ginger, pineapple muffins or the banana and pineapple crumble.
After knowing all that it offers, we are clear about the importance of adding it much more to our daily diet, to take advantage of the pineapple’s benefits.
It is a very delicious fruit, easy to prepare and we get in any supermarket, so it’s time to enjoy all the properties of the pineapple, to give a positive turn to our quality of life.